To remove bladder:
- Before you begin, release the air pressure from the shaft.
- Remove the end caps by loosening the screws securing them to the ends of the shaft.
- Tap out the sealing caps on both ends and remove the shims.
- Make sure to remove the shims from both ends
- Remove the lugs by sliding them out.
- Remove the bladders by sliding them out of the lug channel.
- Repeat this step for each lug on the shaft.
To replace bladder:
- Insert the first plug in one end of the bladder and slide the bladder into the channel
- Insert the first shim.
- Trim the bladder to be flush with the end of the shaft
- Insert the second plug and stretch the bladder into the channel
- Insert the lug and shims back into the shaft.
No specialty tools required: Convertech shafts and chucks defy industry standards with their ease of repair. This is all you will need:
- slotted screwdriver
- allen wrenches
- retaining ring pliers
- silicone spray
NO special banding tool
NO hydraulic presses
NO complex button repair
Easy to use bladder cartridges
Why waste time with lengthy repairs and costly downtime? By designing our expanding shafts and chucks to accomodate our customer’s needs we have insured an easy-to-use and easy-to-repair product line.