PLANT ENGINEER / PURCHASING
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Wharton, NJ
Date Posted: 12/12/2017
Convertech, a leading manufacturer of expanding shafts and chucks, is looking for experienced Purchasing agent. At Convertech, we produce a very custom product with very short lead teams and run a clean modern shop. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can grow your career with a dynamic company with great hours and low turnover rates, we want to talk to you!
In the Purchasing agent role, you will be responsible for keeping the shop running by making sure that the company has all of the materials and supplies it needs, when they need it. Duties include:
- Order parts and materials from vendors
- Order services; telephone, wireless, electrical, etc.
- Order office supplies
- Have a good knowledge of machine shop tooling and supplies
- Coordinate with machine repair vendors to keep the machinery running
- Be familiar with the different types of steel, aluminum, extrusions, etc.
- Investigate and correct significant inventory discrepancies
- Work to assure that the company has whatever material and supplies are needed to keep it running smoothly and efficiently
Successful candidates for the Purchasing agent must have prior manufacturing environment experience. Someone with a strong attention to detail, a good attitude, and an eagerness to learn and grow would be a good fit for this role.
Additional requirements of this Purchasing role include:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics
At Convertech, we are always looking for experienced people to join our dedicated team. We encourage a strong team environment and friendly atmosphere with great working hours! As a Purchasing agent, you will work from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and will be eligible to receive a benefits package, including:
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
- Generous vacation and sick time
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERBack to Careers