h/t tofor sharing this:
DURHAM, NH | Goss announces new Contiweb modular product lines for digital web presses. Company says new unwinders and rewinders introduce proven tension control technology to digital web printing; different levels of automation provide scalable solutions; and applications including labels and packaging will benefit from Contiweb 99.7% splice performance.
The new range comprises six unwinder/splicers and rewinders. Both the unwinder and the rewinder series are designed and engineered to be entirely modular, providing customers with an easy path to full automation at either end of the press line. The lines have been designed to equal the Contiweb signature splice performance of 99.7% for digital webs.
Available in two web widths (770 mm/30 in. and 1,100 mm/42 in.), the CD range of splicer/unwinders and the CR range of rewinders share features said to facilitate simple setup, integration, and day-to-day operation. These include floor-level loading and unloading of paper reels; unwinding/rewinding in either direction; as well as motorized reel side-lay adjustment. All of this can be monitored throughout via an HMI screen on the unit.
Each model is shaftless and uses pneumatically expanding core chucks driven by low-noise electric motors, which provides an added element of sustainability since energy generated feeds back into the electrical circuit.
The Goss Contiweb CD Series of unwinder/splicers has been engineered to ensure accuracy and repeatability at every stage of the digital web infeed process, regardless of operator experience or familiarity with web-fed production.
• CD-W unwinder with manual, stationary splicing
• CD-S Stop/Go double unwinder with semi-automatic splice allows the operator to unload, load, and prepare for splicing while production is underway; facilitates a minimum stoppage cycle time per splice.
• CD-N fully automatic splicer with nonstop reel changeover—uses Contiweb ‘zero-speed’ festoon technology to splice running web and new roll while press continues at full speed.
The Goss Contiweb CR Series of rewinders have been developed to rewind reels at speed without the loss of any printed copies. Transfer may be between reels of different width and paper thickness, and repeated transfers from first to second position, and vice versa, are also possible.
• CR-W single rewinder – reel change and web transfer to the new core is manual while the press remains stationary
• CR-S Stop/Go double rewinder with semi-automatic web transfer – allows unloading and preparation of cores during ongoing production; facilitates a minimum stoppage time for reel change and web transfer to the new core
• CR-N Nonstop unwinder with automatic reel changeover—unloading of fully wound reels and preparation of cores is possible during production; automatic splice can be made at full press speed, at any reel diameter The three versions can be fitted with a slitter and are available with optional extras such as integrated electronic web tension control at outfeed, web guides, central console operability, and remote diagnostics.